Saturday, February 11, 2012

Datenight

Last night, Paul had not one, not two, but three dates to the father/daughter dance.  The Baptist church where LeeAnne goes to pre-k has a Valentine's father/daughter dance every year and this year, Paul and all the girls got to go. 

The way the church describes it is as a "unique date night to treat your daughter special and to help her learn what to expect from a husband and how to be loved as a grown woman." 

It was a very organized event.  There was a "walk to remember" where father and daughter walked along a guided (indoor) path with stops along the way with questions to facilitate conversation and a feeling of specialness between father and daughter. 

Of course there was food.  Appetizers started at 6 with dinner at 7 and dancing at 7:45.  From what I hear, the dancing part was very high energy and loads of fun.  The girls loved it.  You'll have to ask Abbi to do the "Charlie Brown" for you the next time you see her.  Hill- Lar-Eee-Us!

Each girl also got a charm to remember the evening by. Every year, the church gives the girls a different charm.  Our girls are already looking forward to collecting many more charms.

As soon as they walked in the door, I was hit with a barrage of 3 little girls all talking at once telling me just how much fun it was.  And then they crashed.  It was a late night for our kids anyway and then with all the dancing, they were worn out. 

 I wish I could have been there to take pictures but mommy's were not allowed and for good reason.  I would not have wanted to have taken away from Paul's special time with the girls. 
However, I was allowed to take as many pictures as I wanted before they left for the dance and so get ready, here they are (and there are lots)...






The girls all got corsages and Daddy got a boutineer.  It was sweet.  And I was right there, like a mom on prom night, snapping away.









It's sometimes, ok, all the time, hard to get all 4 (Paul is included in this) to stop talking and playing so I can take a picture.







LeeAnne!!  What are you doing??



For these last 5 pictures, I had told them to laugh.  This is what I got.  Boy did they laugh, some a little more expressive than others.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.